Fred and Liz’s priorities are your priorities. Over the past few months Labour’s candidates have listened to residents across the new ward of Bournville & Cotteridge. Liz and Fred have used what they’ve learned from all these conversations to develop their campaign pledges to you.
- Build council houses and affordable properties to rent and buy.
- Protect tenants’ rights and ensure homes are fit to live in.
- Keep the weekly bin collection, target fly-tippers and increase recycling.
- Reduce the use of plastic and cut air pollution.
- Protect parks and open spaces.
Stronger, Safer Communities
- Protect neighbourhood policing.
- Crack down on dangerous parking.
- Tackle gangs and knife crime.
Education and Training
- Fight government cuts to school budgets.
- Fund nursery places.
- A job opportunity for every young person.
Social Care for our most vulnerable
- Support older people and tackle loneliness.
- Improve the quality of council funded care.
Help Build a better Birmingham
- Help deliver Building a Better Birmingham, Labour’s radical and responsible manifesto for Birmingham. Our four year-plan delivers a programme of hope for the people of the city, in the face of hundreds of millions of pounds worth of cuts delivered by Tory Governments over the last eight years.