Mary Locke has lived in Stirchley for 44 years and was elected to serve as Labour councillor for Bournville ward in 2016.
In addition to being a councillor and working in the NHS, Mary is a carer for her husband. She was also recently appointed as an advisor to Birmingham City Council on Social Care.
In just two years as your councillor, Mary has:
- Secured funding for Stirchley Library
- Worked with police and the council to solve the issues of travellers in Hazelwell Park
- Raised over £1,500 for B30 Foodbank
- Organised a bulk donation of 1,000 toys for deprived children in the city
- Supported new local businesses regenerating Stirchley
- Spoke in Birmingham City Council about the need for properly funded social care
- Campaigned for affordable housing on the Seven Capital site (formerly Tesco)
The councillor we elect on May 3 will represent us until 2022. Mary has achieved so much in two years – think about what she could do in another four.
Make the right choice for Stirchley and vote for Mary Locke on Thursday 3 May 2018.